Friday, January 6, 2012

To Peel or Not to Peel


When it comes to lap cheong (chinese sausage), I always wonder whether 'to peel or not to peel' off the lining of the lap cheong. You see, it is not as easy as it seemed to be because the lining is stuck onto the meat and the oily surface is not helping to speed up the process either. But it has to be done although it is difficult, you wouldn't want to be pulling out the lining out of your mouth during a meal... that would be unpleasant for everyone!

So usually, I would cut the ends of the lap cheong, using my fingernails to 'separate' the lining away from the meat and gradually remove the lining. It can be quite frustrating because the bits of the meat will get stuck underneath your fingernails (yuck) and afterawhile, I would feel tired because of the amount of strength I used, just to remove the lining. TheLoyalFan suggested that I should try removing the lining under running water and so I gave it a try. True enough, the lining came out easier! (Of course, the ends have been cut off so that there is an opening to start with). The beginning part was slightly challenging but as you continue, the lining came out and you don't need to put much force/strength onto it.

A new discovery for me, hope it is for you too!

Now, I look forward to peeling more lap cheongs... hahaha!




No comments:

Post a Comment