Thursday, January 19, 2012

Aglio Olio


This is one of our favourite dishes that we have ever made and it is always a delight for us! (Plus, it gives us another way to use our dried chillis)

First, cincang the garlic and dried chillis. Today I have the privilege to 'officiate' the Chopper and I must say, it chops everything really, really fine! Way better than my usual knife. (Thanks, SZ!)
If you are not in the mood of cincang-ing the dried chillis, I'm sure there's chilli flakes available from the supermarket (or Domino's Pizza...hehe). Heat up the oil in the pan, and be alittle generous with the oil as it will help your toss later.
Once the oil is hot, put in the chillis and garlic. Let them sizzle in the hot oil for about 30 seconds or until it is golden brown. Remove the pan from direct heat and pour in the drained spaghetti. Give it a good toss with some utensils and it is done!


We also made some omelettes to compliment our spaghetti too! Since Gong Xi Gong Xi is just around the corner, we've added some lap cheong in it...yum yum yums! The capsicums? Hehehe, we like to eat them raw and so happen we have some extras in our fridge : )

TheLoyalFan says: 'Simple and satisfying *rubs tummy*'

And I second that too!

I am looking forward to next week because... it is Chinese New Year! I can't wait to try out new recipes... yay!!!

Have a wonderful Chinese New Year and please remember us when you eat all those CNY goodies such as  Lou Sang, Pineapple Tarts, Kuih Kapits and many many more!

4 comments:

  1. Glad the mezzaluna is serving a good purpose. Was disappointed that I didn't get one for myself and the pasta machine as well. Aiya...

    I think only in Dominos Malaysia you will get the chilli flakes. You don't get them here in UK but you'll get the sour cream dip with pizzas.

    I'm hoping to make Yee Sang for my dinner next week. The super lots of work dish but I love to eat it dish. Aiseh, forgot to buy plum sauce... >:S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried to put some crispy stuff in it ok? Like 'Yao Char Kuai'... Maybe oven roast it a little bit longer to make it crispy. Crush some peanuts too! Hehehehe...

      Go and buy lor... I miss Yee Sang too!

      Delete
  2. I tried cooking this tonight but with mushroom tortellini instead of spaghetti. Maybe went a bit overboard with the garlic, two cloves instead of one; and with 1/3 fresh chilli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind... garlic is GOOD!!! If more garlic/chilli, then more garlic-ky and spicy :) Quite nice

    ReplyDelete