Monday, September 15, 2014

Black Beans Pork Ribs

Hey!

I found some black beans in my fridge and realized that some of the beans had gone bad. Mouldy. So I thought I'd try to make black beans ribs, like the dish you can eat at Dim Sum. Well, almost similar lah... and I googled a recipe that used a slow cooker to cook this dish. Thought I shall give it go ^_^

Let's get started!

First, ensure your ribs have been chopped into smaller pieces. Maybe 1 or 2 inches in length. Marinate the ribs with Chinese Wine and black pepper. Then pour in the black beans, chopped ginger and garlic followed by corn flour. As black beans are salty itself, there is no need to put soy sauce or salt in it. I've mixed about 2 tablespoons of black beans in my ribs (I made the dish for 4 pax). To reduce washing up, put all the ingredients and mix them up in the slow cooker pot. Haha!


Once all the ingredients have been well mixed, turn the knob to "auto" mode and let it simmer away for 3 hours.



Mmm... taste wise, it is quite good - not too salty. If you find the black bean's taste is too strong, you can either balance it with a dash of sugar and some water to dilute the taste. Mum said that I could be  a little more generous on the corn flour. I was afraid that if I put too much, the meat may be starchy. Perhaps 1 tablespoon or 2 of corn flour could create a smoother and juicer meat texture. And it would be nice to garnish some spring onion on the ribs.

TheLoyalFan says: "Was thoroughly yum yum. Even better with longer juicier ribs!"

-.-"""

Oh wells, I guess we could try to chop longer next time lor...

Till then, keep nomming!

No comments:

Post a Comment