Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The attempted sticky ribs...

It is, so far, a relaxing week for many Malaysians as we only work 3 days! Well, that's because there's Diwali and Awal Muharram - both are national public holidays for all of us! Weee... so, without any hesitation, it is time to try out a new recipe which I was really excited.

After reading much recipes from the Internet, I've decided to simplify it. So here goes...

First things first, we must have THE ribs. TheLoyalFan and I headed to our nearby market to buy some pork ribs. The friendly butcher chopped the ribs into half... it wasn't baby ribs so have to chop lor... Then, it is marinate time!

Give the ribs a good rinse and drain well. Finely chop about 2 cloves of garlic and place into the bowl of ribs. Season it with salt, pepper, BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Massage these goodies on every surface of the ribs. Be generous on the seasoning but go easy on the BBQ sauce as this is a dry marinate.

Grilling in ze BBQ pit, with a LID! 

Now it is time to grill. You can either use an oven or on a BBQ pit. For this, I use a BBQ pit with a lid. I grilled the ribs for 2 hours. During the first hour, it was an indirect grilling and we flipped it about every 10 minutes to even out the cooking. For the last half hour, we basted the ribs with honey to get that 'sticky' effect.

Et voila! Moi attempted ribs. The chicken was part of dinner too!

Yum yum yum! I think it was a success on my simple marinate experiment. After having the ribs, I can't wait to have another round of this ribs again! Nonetheless, there are some tweaks need to be done in order to perfect my ribbies. TheLoyalFan and I thought that we should baste the ribs with a honey & BBQ sauce mixture instead of just honey. Also, I think we should cook it longer so that the meat would just fall off from the bones... *slurp slurp slurp*

TheLoyalFan says: 'Nom nom nom nom nom noms...slurp!I wish I could have this everyday!'

Mmm Mmm...

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Sounds so good! Can't wait to give it a try and give Tony Roma's ribs a run for its money! NOMS NOMS....

    Btw, I'm making steam chicken again. Noms.... xx

    ReplyDelete